CCIL and MTO Approved Concrete Laboratory.
Orbit’s team has a proven track record for successfully delivering many concrete technology and bridge condition survey projects in Ontario for many clients including Ministry of Transportation, Toronto Transit Commission, Simcoe County, Region of Peel and Durham Region demonstrating that critical milestones are routinely achieved.
Orbit is approved by Ministry of Transportation (MTO) on their “RAQS” system to perform:
• Bridge Engineering - Inspections - Condition Surveys
• Bridge Engineering - Inspections - Bi-ennial Inspections
• MTO Approved List for Tensile Bond, Total Chloride, Compressive Strength, RCPT, Grout/Mortar Testing. Orbit also has extensive experience in dowel pull-out testing on MTO quality assurance projects.
Concrete Technology Services which Orbit Provides:
• Detailed Bridge Condition Survey and Visual Inspection of Structures (OSIM)
• Non-Destructive Testing of Concrete Components (NDT) including GPR, Schmidt Hammer and Cover Meter Survey
• Concrete Coring and Testing
• MTO Quality Assurance
• Post-Tensioned Cable Inspection
• Concrete Laboratory Testing Including Compressive Strength, Total Chlorides, Depth of Carbonation, RCPT and AVS
• Tensile Bond, Dowel Pull-Out and Corrosion Potential Testing
• Evaluation and Structural Rehabilitation Recommendations
• Surface Deterioration Including Delamination Survey
• Maturity Testing
• Evaluation of Concrete Plants and Materials
• Mix Design for Concrete
• Research and Development
• High Strength Concrete Technology
• Advanced Technology for Corrosion Including Cathodic Protection Inspection
Orbit is approved by CCIL to perform:
• CCIL Qualification Code for Concrete Testing Laboratories-CSA Standard A283-19 – Type ‘Q’ (CSA A23.2-1 C, 3C, 4C, SC, 9C, AND 17C, WITH ADDITIONAL TESTS: 18, 14C AND 19C) and Type ‘R’ (CSA A23.2-1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, SA, 6A, 7A, 10A, 12A, AND 13A, WITH ADDITIONAL TESTS: 11A)